Most investors are planning to sell their investment properties eventually. Those same investors will either sell their property without doing any work and accepting the fact the property will not show very well. Others will spend considerable time and money just prior to selling to get the property back up to speed. Read the below list and attempt to tackle at least one item per year.
- Repaint the outside of the house.
- Repaint the front door and common hallway.
- Plant shrubs (trim existing ones) and plant flowers.
- Immediately before you sell, fertilize the grass and water constantly.
- Repair/replace any decks or outside stairs.
- Repair/remove/replace any fences.
- Paint the basement floor and laundry area.
- Add additional lighting in the basement area and/or laundry area.
These items will give your investment property more curb appeal and should allow you to sell your property faster and for more money.